Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Success!!!!!!

Some breaking news since my post a couple days ago about Dear Son's napping habits.... I share this at risk of jinxing the whole thing, but for the past couple days, Dear Son has been doing a fabulous job of napping in his crib. I've been in shock, but thrilled, as it makes life so much easier. I had continued to try putting him in his crib for nap time from time to time when I had the time and patience to run up and down the stairs over and over again to put him down, let him cry, try to settle him, let him cry, give up and go get him. For some reason, he just stopped wailing like the sky was falling one day. Just a little fussing and he would then quiet down and either zone out staring at his bumper or suck his thumb before going to sleep. He would then stay asleep for more than 10 minutes without waking up and wailing. He's actually been napping for an hour or two at a time in the crib. Sometimes he doesn't even cry or fuss at all when I lay him down.

This is completely new territory for me. Dear Daughter, as I've said before, NEVER napped in her crib until she was at least 7 months old and then it was a terrible to-do to get her asleep and to get her to stay asleep. There never was just a little fussing with her. It was a full wail, world crumbling around her kind of ordeal that never let up. She is a strong-willed one, and I just can't figure out where she gets that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't thumbs wonderful??? Parker sucks his thumb.... but only when he is tired...and now with any blanket.