Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Acrobatics

I don't know how she did it, but in less than two minutes when I had my back turned, Little Miss Acrobat managed to stack her new deck chair onto a kitchen chair, get her step stool, and climb up to the top without falling or making a sound. Still with my back turned (as I attended to Dear Son), I hear her excited voice exclaiming, "Mommy! Look what I did!" And there she sat, Queen of the Kitchen upon her throne, pleased as punch.

My heart skipped a beat and my thougths raced in circles of "how did she do THAT?" as I eyed the feet of the blue plastic deck chair teetering so close to the edge of the wooden kitchen chair. And apparently my adrenalin induced surprise produced an equally surprising reaction, as Dear Daughter began to cry. I guess I scared her. My immediate reaction after the inital shock was to think, "Where's the camera? I gotta get a picture of this!" But first I snatched Dear Daughter into my arms to calm her down and explain to her that it was too dangerous to do what she did, while I grabbed the camera and convinced her to sit in the chair another second while I took a picture of what she shouldn't have been doing. Can you say, "Mixed message?" I just couldn't resist. I had to catch this one on film.

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

I think each of my 3 older boys have tried the "little chair on the big chair" trick! I have to say that I responded similar to you only I didn't get the picture!