Thursday, September 06, 2007

The INSANITY!

Have you ever TRIED so spend a couple hours at a time on the phone with an insurance company with your just-turned-four-year-old and 20-month old in tow? And have you ever tried to repeat these conversations with the same insurance company at least a half a dozen times for an hour or more at a time with the same wee ones in tow? And have you ever noticed just how STUPID a person has to be to meet the minimum qualifications for a customer service representative position in the benefits eligibility or claims processing department at one of these insurance companies?

I have filed the claims. I have waited for months. I have followed up with multiple inquiries as to why they cannot seem to get their heads out of the holes they poo with in order to process the claims. I have answered their stupid mail requests seeking the SAME INFORMATION I have already resubmitted TWICE that was already provided in the first place on the requisite HCFA form! Tomorrow I will be making YET ANOTHER phone call to some imbecile who barely meets minimum intellectual qualifications to pick their own nose in order find out why they have sent me YET ANOTHER request for the information that I have already faxed and mailed and faxed AGAIN (because they lost it that time) and sent in the form of a special letter in reply to their LAST mailing that was asking for THE SAME information.

I just don't think I can continue to beat my own head against this brick wall anymore, and therefore I am planning a trip to Utah to visit the entire crew of fools in person so that I can beat THEIR heads against the wall followed by STAPLING their stupid requests to some sorry fool's forehead.

THIS, my friends, is why medical professionals pay a billing agent a percentage of recovered funds to handle the insanity of it all.

By the time I'm done with all this, I am most certainly going to need a therapist of my own. Any recommendations?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I don't even want to get started on insurance companies. I absolutely despise dealing with them.

Student of Life said...

I don't know how you felt after writing this, but it read like it might have been a good therapy session. This is one of the best rants I have seen in a while. And I really appreciate how you use more creative words where I would have just gone straight into the gutter with my potty mouth. I'm sorry you had a bad day, but thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

You forgot one very important qualification for these people. They are required to speak little or no english in order to reach maximum levels of frustration. And even though a therapist would be helpful, proving that you need one to the insurance people would push you over the edge if insanity.