Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Catch Up!

I've spent the past hour and a half sorting photos and uploading them to my photoblog site. I had 111 photos to sort through and edit and select from. There have been more changes to my photoblog site, which translates into more problems getting photos uploaded to this site. The current problem, as you can see, is that I'm having problems with sizing. I will have to work through this "bug" (pun intended...continue reading...) before I post any more photos. Hopefully I'll get it figured out soon as I have a whole lot of photos to catch up. For now, you can view them at the photoblog site by double clicking on one of them.

These pictures are Zoe's new swing set from a couple weeks ago. Yet to come are photos from 4th of July and Great Uncle Ron and Aunt Pat's visit, including the early birthday party we had for Zoe while they were here. Incidentally, I have some cute pictures that include G Uncle Ron and G Aunt Pat, but I didn't want to post them without permission from them. Let me know whether you would rather me not post your photos or if you are okay with it, and I will include some of them if you are okay with it. You can send me a comment by linking below, or send me an email to let me know.


Zoe loves having her own slide. Unfortunately, it has typically been too hot to play outside much and enjoy it.


And when the weather isn't too hot, there are the buzzing, dive-bombing, shiny green flying beetles to contend with. Just standing in the backyard is sometimes more than my nerves can handle. What is with these awful bugs? I sincerely do not remember this awful plague many years ago before moving back to this area. In the past few years they have seemed to get worse and worse and worse.

The other night one of these God-forsaken critters followed Brian into the house. Brian saw it out of the corner of his eye and thought it was a moth, so we didn't think much else about it when we could not find it. A couple hours later I headed to bed and turned on the lamp at my bedside. Suddenly this buzzing, flying creature appeared out of nowhere. I swear these evil creatures are stalking me, even in my own bedroom! If you've never seen a pregnant 33 year old woman dancing a jig around a room, you've missed out. There I was shrieking and flailing around, coaching (no, ORDERING) my patient and tolerant husband to get the *@&#$ thing! He flailed around the room for awhile as well, trying to figure out how to catch it without losing sight of it, I was yelling crazy things the whole time, including the fact that I would not sleep in that room again until the awful creature was killed. Fortunately, it was captured in short order and Zoe was not awakened by the commotion!

When I go outside to play with Zoe, I take a flyswatter with me to swat them away. I try not to make a big deal out them in front of her (no easy task)! It is hard to swat at these awful bugs that give me the willies in a major way without it not appearing a big deal. I am sure I look to passersby like a crazy woman having some sort of psychotic schizophrenic breakthrough as I swat the air madly to keep these evil demons away.

We have set out the area trademark Japanese Beetle Bag Traps, and it has gotten much better. I swear we've bagged about 10,000 of them so far (yes, I'm exaggerating, but we've definitely had a couple bags full in less than a week). If you're not from around these parts, let me encourage you not to visit until after a good hard freeze.



No comments: