Thursday, November 27, 2008

Xanax, Please!

As you can see, I've been updating stuff around here. It's still not the way I really want it to be, but I'm kinda stoopid when it comes to web design and html. I have to say, though, that I began this blog four years ago, and four years ago Blogger was NOT as user friendly as it is today. Therefore, back when I started this gig, I didn't too bad to figure out some of the stuff I figured out. After all that figuring out I did back then, I was afraid to change anything and mess it all up, and so I never updated. I got brave the other night, am I'm glad I did. Now Blogger gives you all these easy to use tools that didn't exist four years ago. You used to have to manually make all those changes in your html template.

In other news, my Dear Daughter has apparently reached a new rite of passage, and one that I am truly not ready for yet. As I helped her finish brushing her teeth the other night, I discovered that she has a permanent tooth pushing through her gums right behind the baby tooth on the lower front. I freaked out a bit, and this did not seem right to me. You will remember that not quite a year ago we had the shock of discovering that Daughter was hiding an extra tooth in her upper jaw that would have to be surgically removed. It was a tad traumatic for me, and the attached price tag was not an easy thing to accept either, so perhaps my freak out was justified. Let me further justify by stating that Dear Husband has a colleague whose daughter (a couple years older than my Dear Daughter) recently had NINE teeth pulled for what would seem to be the same issue. My friend, who is a pediatric dentist, thought my freak out was over the top. Despite his reassurance that this is no cause for alarm, I still contacted Daughter's dental clinic immediately the next morning, and the receptionist calmly asked me if my daughter's tooth--the on in front of the permanent one coming in--was loose. "Well, I don't know...." I responded rather stoopidly. It hadn't occured to me to check. She waited patiently for me to clear away the Life cereal my daughter was eating and wiggle her front teeth. "Why yes, it does appear a little loose." I responded to her feeling a little silly as I anticipated where this was going. The receptionist giggled a bit and informed me that she expected the tooth fairy was coming soon. I argued that my daughter is barely five years old, and she reassured me there is a pretty wide window for what's normal in the way of loosing primary teeth.

Okay then. Works for me. I don't need more dental worries or dental bills right now. Meanwhile, however, that front tooth hasn't fallen out yet and is barely noticably loose when you try to wiggle the thing, and that permenet tooth is coming in rapidly. I fear she will look a little freaky if that tooth doesn't find its way out of her mouth sooner than later. At the same time, I am really NOT ready for my firstborn to begin losing her little girl teeth. Next thing you know I'll be buying her a traning bra. Lord, help me!

5 comments:

Nyssa's Mommy said...

Oh wow. I don't know what to say. Dear Daughter is trying to lose her teeth and Miss Nyss is chomping away like she is trying to get some! Ugh. It never ends! I think I'd be a little freaked out as well. Whoa. That's crazy stuff! I'm kinda wellin' up thinkin' about it! Let me know how it goes!

Nyssa's Mommy said...

PS: I heart what you've done to your blog! Is it easy enough I could figure it out? LOL

Lori said...

I like the new look! Cute picture. And yeah before long you will be shopping for bra's with your daughter. The time really does go by fast...too fast if you ask me.

CaraBee said...

The blog looks great! I have found Blogger to be very user friendly as far as reformatting, but I have only been doing this for nine months, so I never had to deal with only minimal html changes.

I have heard that the age in months you are when you get your first baby teeth is the age you will be when adult teeth start coming in. Did your daughter get her baby teeth early? My daughter got her first tooth at 4, so we'll see if the old wive's tale is true.

MGM said...

Nyssa's Mommy, Yeah...pretty easy. Follow the Blogger prompts is about all you have to do now! If I can do it, you can. If you want to do much rearranging, you may have to cut and past some stuff around in the html code. Still not too hard. Can't believe the Nysster is teething already!

CaraBee, I'd have to check Daughter's baby book, but I'm thinking she was around 6 months when her first teeth started coming in. Interesting idea.

Smiles4U, Couldn't you have said that it would feel like a really really long time before I would have to shop for bras for Daughter...and that the time goes really slow? I know it's not true, but you could lie couldn't you? Please?