Thursday, June 05, 2008

In the Eye of the Beholder

I was doing errands with the wee ones today, and as we sat at a stoplight I spotted a red cement mixer on the other side of the intersection. Dear Son LOVES "'ment mixers." I said, "Look, Zachy! There's a red cement mixer!" as I pointed his gaze in the right direction. "Where?! Where?!" he responded anxiously, afraid he'd miss it. Then, with awe and admiration in his voice, "Oh! THERE is it!" A dramatic pause followed, and then his voice lowered just a bit with a dreamy--almost swooning--intonation as he slowly spoke his next words, "It's bootiful!"

6 comments:

Maternal Mirth said...

JayT used to have the same affection for back-hoe's. I know, sounds dirty, but Jay and back-hoe's where like PB&J back in the day.

Construction + dirt = amorous lust in toddler boys.

CaraBee said...

Boys will be boys. My husband still does that.

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

That sounds like my husband and my son. It must be in the genes!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it truly IS in the eye of the beholder. The youngest "wee one" once again proves that he is ALL BOY! (Dear Husband's Mom)

MGM said...

YAY! Dear Husband's Mom, I'm so glad you figured out how to comment!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

I'm not alone...