Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"Oink!"

Sometimes I'm amazed at the quantity of food one little 18 month old girl can pack away. A couple days ago she decided that for lunch she would eat healthy portions of hamburger, cottage cheese, applesauce, and peas. And that was just for warm up. Then she spied a loaf of bread and made it known she wanted some of that next. As she finishing off an entire slice I teased her about being a "little piggy." Her little jaws were chomping away, but after my remark she paused and appeared to contemplate what I had said. Then, with a mouthful of bread, she stated back to me "Piggy!" as if to say "You bet I am!" I grinned at her, amused. She flashed back one of her notorious grins that is practically too big for her face before adding a very matter of fact, "Oink!"

No self-esteem problems here!

No comments: