Monday, April 17, 2006

Toes and Other Progress

Dear Son has found his toes. A couple weeks ago he discovered his fingers and began pulling at them and staring at them with fascination. Then it got really warm and I began leaving socks off his feet. One day he looked at his naked piggies for the first time and had that same look of fascination and seemed to be thinking, "How did those fingers get down there?" as he reached for them. I tried to get a picture of this newfound toe-thing, but he was too interested in looking at the little red light on the camera.

At Dear Son's four-month check up today, the nurse was trying to remember how old he is. I told her he is a four-month-old impersonating a nine-month-old. Indeed, he weighed in at a whopping 16.8 lbs and is now 26 1/4 inches long. He is actually in the solid 90% for his height, but somewhere between 75% and 90% on his weight. The doctor wanted to know what I was feeding him. I was tempted to tell him sportshakes, but I didn't. I think he will outgrow his infant car seat soon, which is probably just as well, cause I can hardly carry him around in it anymore!

That's our "Little Bubby!" Guess we'll have to start calling him "Big Bubby!"

No comments: