Friday, April 22, 2005

Let the Climbing Begin!

Zoe has most definitely graduated into the "climbing stage." My first clue was the day that Zoe managed to pull herself up into an overstuffed chair in the living room while I was around the corner picking up the breakfast dishes. I suddenly heard squeals of delight, and when I peeked around the corner, there she was...pleased as pleased can be...standing in a rather "Ta-da" fashion eager for me to witness her achievement. Soon after this, she discovered that she could reach the nearby lightswitch when standing in the chair. More squeals ensued as she switched the light on and off and on and off and on and off. A couple days later I returned home from work one evening to find her standing in the same chair desperate to show me how she had learned to pull the floor lamp towards herself and turn the knob on and off. Now she had two light switches to work. She was sooooo excited that she could hardly contain herself.

Of course, she is now trying to climb on anything and everything. She figured out how to get up on her new step stool all by herself only hours after we initially set it up. Of course, upon conquering the stool, the proud screams quickly followed. She was also thrilled to discover all the new things she could reach on the bathroom counter with her new found height.

These days I find myself constantly chasing and grabbing at a fearless toddler as she boldly reaches for new heights. Bumps and scrapes and bruises are becoming more and more frequent around our house. Sometimes Zoe gets a bump or two as well.

No comments: